April 18, 2007

Marigolds and Herbs

I was starting to worry about my other seeds, but I came home today to discover dozens of tiny little green things push-push-pushing against very heavy (to them) clumps of dirt so they could reach the sun. They haven't quite poked their little heads out completely yet; I can see them still buckled under the weight. They're quite inspiring - being weighed down by all that dirt won't keep them down. It makes me want to sit there and watch them grow; once they sprout, they grow so fast! They might be up by this evening, for sure by tomorrow morning. Hooray! I think I'm going to go find more stuff to plant. I want tomatoes and morning glories, any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't need shade, our wisteria grows multiple inches each day. It is kinda creepy (pun intended) to see how far the vines have snaked over the pergola in just a few hours. Have your tried any herbs? Rosemary is pretty and tasty. Have fun with your little garden.

Nancy said...

Basil is a snap to grow. Peppers do well in containers too!